The Virginia Arts Festival is currently
recruiting volunteers! In the months leading up to the
Festival, office support is a big necessity. Volunteers
are needed to assist with mailings and assembling packets.
As the Festival approaches, the need for all types of
volunteers increases. Whatever your talent and schedule;
we will find the perfect job for you.
Plus, in addition to being able to enjoy the performances
they work, volunteers earn complimentary tickets to additional performances by
volunteering at events and at the Festival Office.
Morning and afternoon hours are available Monday through
Friday between January and June. During the Festival,
evenings and weekends are available.
Volunteers are crucial in making The Festival a success.
You are invited to work throughout the entire Festival
or to help with whichever events fit your schedule.
The positions needed for the upcoming Festival include:
- Festival Office Support - Assemble packets and
mailings, copy, fax, file, alphabetize, data entry, update contacts
- Transportation for artists - Chauffer artists &
guests to and from airport, hotel & venue
- Artist Liaisons - Greet & entertain artists
& guests, arrange tourist activities
- Front-of-House- ushering, ticket taking, stuff
programs (must arrive 90 minutes prior to curtain)
- Event Production- Set up/take down chairs, tables,
signs and posters at venues, guard doors, act as stage hand during rehearsals
- Publicity - Post advertising at local business,
museums, restaurants, creating displays
- Student Education - Chauffer artists to and from
hotel & schools for weekday performances
- Merchandise Sales - Sell merchandise and concessions
before, during and after performances
- Backstage Hospitality - Set up/break down catering
services for artists, make dressing rooms more comfortable
- Virginia International Tattoo - Runner, transportation,
office support, ushering, production, publicity, merchandise, backstage hospitality,
artist liaison, etc.
For further information, please contact
Volunteer Coordinator Sandy Miller at:
Fax: (757) 282-2787
Click here to fill out
and submit our volunteer application online
Click below to download the volunteer
and mail or fax it to us:
Arts Festival Volunteer Application.pdf
Virginia Arts Festival
440 Bank Street
Norfolk, Va. 23510
Attn: Sandy Miller